Monday, January 17, 2011

Smock Pinafore

Though the pictures were taken before I completed the "finishing" touches, I'm impressed with my days work.
The pattern came from the One Yard Wonders book. Which I have to say for a beginner this book is amazing. Defined all terms, patterns are included and not one step is left out.
Well steps can SEEM left out, if you are like me and not read complete sentences which leave you with an awkward shaped bodice, then you reread and realize that you missed a crucial step.
After cursing my self, chomping down chocolate truffles I say to my say "learning steps" and move on.

I cried.
Yep, after attaching the skirt to the bodice of this cute little smock, tears came from my eyes.
It's beautiful! So grateful that I have the ability to make something like this.
I can be amazed cant I?
It was a rather simple pattern. After ripping the seams about 4 times, sewing pieces to the wrong side, or just cutting out the pieces incorrectly.
Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment