Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Hooker Get on that Damn Bike"

IMG_6214.jpg
"Hooker get on that damn bike"
That's what I have been telling myself for awhile. A lot.
As a mom I've been letting the world get in the way. I dream of creating time, and planning a ride, or run or checking out my local pools for a swim. But its all been a daydream. Just been living around the kids & hubs schedules. Not wanting to leave the kids with the hubs, and just not having opportunity to swim/bike/run when I do have the kids. What the heck am I going to do with them?
Not today though. Oh no. It might have been the sour mood the hubs was in that wanted me to say "peace out homeslice" or the fact I found the new triathlete magazines my husband was hiding.
You really cant look at Chrissie Wellington without feeling inspired. Something kicked inside of me, "I want that". I want the sweat from the mileage, I want the burn in my quads from climbing hills, I want to glide through the water in that silent peace.
I NEED this.
So as NIKE says " Just Do IT". So I did.
One bike ride. Thats all I needed. One glorious ride. It was like I never left. I smiled, sweat, grunted, wiped my nose with my hands then smeared it on my bum ( you know how it goes). Gosh, I cant explain this feeling inside of me now. This is where I belong.
Not everyone understands athletes. People think we are crazy. Stupid. Show offs. Masochistic. 
But thats not it. Some people were born to physically push themselves.
 I am one of them. And I like it.

1 comments:

Bonnie Weeks said...

This is great. I am also one of them. It's weird how some people really don't enjoy that push (or doing a farmer nose blow in the middle of your run). I just found your blog from a comment on Barefoot Ted's blog - commenting about VFF/barefoot running. You're comment about your IT band sparked my interested. I also have IT band pain and use a foam roller to work it out. I worked up to a 1/2 mile to 1/2 marathon, running with no pain. Now though (another child later), the foam roller just doesn't seem enough. Having just read Born to Run, I've switched to the barefoot running style, minus the VFFs. I'm running in flat low-profile shoes instead. I'm feeling great. Do you still like yours and how has it helped your IT band problems? I like your commentary and blog voice.

Post a Comment