Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baked Sloppy Joes

If you don’t know it yet, I’ll tell you “I’m cheap”.
Yes, I admit it, its just not the hubby that is cheap, I’m just as skeptical on everything with a dollar sign.
With that being said, I enjoy yummy food. Cheap yummy food that I can make at home.
Along with that I need things to be EASY as well as cheap. Cheap & Easy, yep that’s how I like them.
So the other day, in need of trying something new, the hubby suggested picking a recipe from Publix.
Flashback: Back in the magical days before children, we would walk down to our local Publix, choose a recipe there, buy the fixings and have a “romantic” dinner in. *sigh*
Since we are now located in California, we don’t have the option of walking to our local Publix. But thanks to the internet, I can access all their recipes online.
So here comes the good part.
Baked Sloppy Joes (you can drool now)
Check out the OFFICIAL recipe here.
But for a tad EASIER way …
·      1 lb. Ground Beef
·      1 ½ cups Pasta Sauce
·      ½ BBQ sauce
·      ½ cup cheddar cheese
·      1 pkg. 8 count Philsbury Homestyle Biscuits
Preheat oven to 425.
Brown ground beef in pan.
Add PASTA & BBQ Sauce.
Bring to boil.
Move mixture to 2 quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Place UNCOOKED biscuits on top.
Cook to Biscuits packaged directions.
Viola!

Easy, and just a tad cheaper than original recipe.
Note: Not really on the healthy side, so have a side salad.


This recipe was SO good. I really had no idea what I was getting into with this. But it was 5 stars across the board. Meaning: Hubby, BOTH kids & I loved it.

This is definitely a keeper.
I didn’t decide to take pictures till we had nearly finished.

Husband stated that everything looked like a bloody cat. Um, gross. Super gross. Maybe these are bad pictures, but as I was eating I thought these pictures looked heavenly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment